An Online MBA Designed for Global Leaders
With a curriculum that prepares you for the growing opportunities and challenges of being a global leader, the University of Kansas School of Business online MBA can help you succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. Learn the core skills and strategic perspectives to thrive in leadership, whatever your chosen industry, with the online MBA at KU School of Business.
The KU School of Business online MBA is ranked the #16 Best Online MBA Program in the nation, the #24 Best Online MBA Program for General Management, and the #10 Best Online MBA Program for Veterans.1
According to GMAC surveys:
- The median salary for MBA graduates in the U.S. in 2021 is $115,000. This is a 77% increase over graduates of bachelor’s degree programs, whose median pay in 2021 is $65,000, and 53% higher than those hired directly from industry ($75,000).2
- Of those who graduate with an MBA, 93% say that their degree is personally rewarding, and 91% say it is professionally rewarding.3
- The majority of alumni say that their professional situation (88%), personal situation (72%), and financial situation (70%) are "Much Better" or "Better."4
Tuition costs at other universities can dim bright prospects for MBA graduates. With total tuition ranging as high as $125,000, high student debt can dilute the financial return.5
In contrast, you can quickly recoup your expenses with our online MBA, with total tuition less than $40,000. Affordable tuition combined with flexible online delivery gives you a strong return on investment for a top-ranked KU School of Business online MBA.
An online MBA from the University of Kansas School of Business is ideal for all kinds of students, including:
- Working business professionals
- Busy parents
- Individuals with personal responsibilities that prevent them from attending school on campus
- Students who prefer online study over classroom education
A well-rounded MBA prepares you to lead in any business context.
Learn from the same renowned and respected faculty as our on-campus programs in one of the few online MBA programs with prestigious accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The KU School of Business online MBA for general management prepares you to meet the business challenges of today and tomorrow.
AACSB accreditation assures you that the University of Kansas School of Business meets or exceeds standards set forth for curricula, faculty quality, student satisfaction, and more, as verified by a rigorous, ongoing evaluation process.
Coursework in our program develops analytical and strategic perspectives you can apply to create success in any business undertaking. Upon graduation, you will be ready to move right into management, and 75% of companies participating in a recent survey said they plan to place MBA hires into mid-level positions. Your KU School of Business online MBA will open doors at every size company, from startups to Fortune 100 giants.1
University of Kansas online MBA students work with companies across the industry spectrum, from architecture, engineering, and construction to financial services, government agencies, and scientific and technology fields. Your peers in the program will also become your networking partners as you pursue your career growth.
Collaboration, networking, and flexibility are built into the KU online MBA program.
The diverse backgrounds and industries of online MBA cohort members create a decisive advantage for online students. Your classmates’ perspectives combine with personalized guidance from the faculty to create a learning experience that is richer and more textured than many traditional on-ground experiences.
The online learning platform is central to providing you with a good learning experience, and the Online Classroom at the KU School of Business is expertly designed to do just that. It includes robust tools for collaboration, learning, and faculty feedback for desktop and mobile environments. The KU Online Classroom is expressly designed to give you the clarity and flexibility you need to manage your coursework around your other commitments so that you can thrive in the program and your life.
Our online MBA curriculum is designed to create leaders.
KU School of Business faculty have created the online MBA program to help you become a thoughtful, agile business leader. Core curriculum builds outward from foundational knowledge of finance, statistics, marketing, and management topics to include courses in business law and ethics, managerial economics, business strategy, and international business. From there, you can choose electives in one of three concentrations, including finance, marketing, and management. Finally, the capstone course helps you synthesize the entire program into a framework incorporating judgment, intellect, and experience to drive better decision-making in any leadership context.
Read a high-level outline in the program summary below or dive into curriculum details here.
The KU School of Business online MBA program structure equips students with a comprehensive knowledge of today's top business subjects that can be applied in a variety of professional settings as well as to focus their development of one of three in-demand skill sets. Students can expect the following in the online MBA program:
- 13 courses
- 42 credit hours
- 8 weeks per course
- 6-credit capstone course
- Graduate in as few as 27 months
- 100% online: no residency requirement
- 3 starts per year: spring, summer and fall
Questions will arise as you consider whether the KU School of Business online MBA program is a good fit for you. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Is campus study better or more valued than online? Hiring managers are typically more concerned about the school’s reputation than the way an MBA degree is earned.4 Accredited schools like the University of Kansas School of Business uphold a strong reputation among online MBA programs.
- What is an online MBA course like? Online MBA programs provide the same educational content that is taught in a classroom setting, but include additional benefits like always-on access to course work, quick responses from instructors, classmate discussion groups, instant progress tracking, and much more. Lessons and test-taking are more flexible than traditional classroom study, allowing students to work on a schedule conducive to their professional and personal lives.
- How will an online MBA benefit my career? Obtaining an MBA online can result in numerous professional opportunities. Many graduates find they can apply for higher positions than they could previously, are able to more confidently ask for a pay raise or more responsibility at their current jobs, or are able to obtain more desirable positions at the companies they want to work for. Often, the connections made in an online MBA classroom setting, including relationships with both professors and other students, result in job referrals, mentorships, and more. For students who feel stagnant in their current roles, who are unsure about how to advance more rapidly, or who want to change career paths, online MBA programs can help them achieve their goals.
We cover answers to many other frequently asked questions regularly on our online MBA blog. You can also schedule an appointment with a University of Kansas School of Business Admissions Advisor to have your questions answered directly.
We cover answers to many other frequently asked questions regularly on our online MBA blog. You can also schedule an appointment with a University of Kansas School of Business admissions advisor to have your questions answered directly.
- Retrieved on March 7, 2022, from usnews.com/education/online-education/university-of-kansas-OBUS0696/mba
- Retrieved on March 7, 2022, from gmac.com/market-intelligence-and-research/research-library/employment-outlook/2021-corporate-recruiters-survey-demand-of-graduate-management-talent
- Retrieved on March 7, 2022, from usnews.com/education/online-education/articles/2016-05-09/what-employers-think-of-your-online-mba-degree
- Retrieved on March 7, 2022, from gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac/research/measuring-program-roi/2021_gmac_research_brief_alumni_value_of_gme.pdf
- Retrieved on March 7, 2022, from usnews.com/education/online-education/the-short-list-online-programs/articles/most-expensive-public-online-mba-programs